"Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.' ~ John 7:37-38
I have been, and will be lifeguarding all week. In the definition of the word "lifeguard" it states that these people are medical professionals. That is a huge responsibility. I am a medical professional. I am also a professional rescuer. The weight of this definition is upon me every time I step onto the lifeguard stand. Today, as sat in the sun carefully watching the campers play in the water, I thought about the one true Living Water, Jesus. He claimed to be the one who gave life, and he is! What a great thing to ponder upon. Jesus not only gives life, but he allows that life to overflow out of the ones whom he calls his children. As stated above, "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow form within them." The picture featured here is of a waterfall on the trail that I will be hiking all summer. This is the image that is brought to my mind when I think about rivers of living water flowing from within me. These waters do not just stay inside, they spillover and invade other spaces. That is the power of Jesus. His water inside all believers should overflow and invade other people's lives. So, as I prepare my heart and mind for the next week when I take highschoolers on the trail, my prayer is that the Lord will fill my life with living water, and allow that water to pour out onto the lives of the students that I take out on my trip. My the Lord do that same to you. E.
No comments:
Post a Comment