Camp ended yesterday and I found myself looking back on the summer adventure on my flight home this morning. It is strange to think that the summer went by so quickly and yet at the same time, I feel like I was in Tennessee for a very long time. Three months of my life just passed by and so much has happened. I have not written anything in a few weeks and that is because my computer decided to die on me. Let me try to catch you up:
After my last post I believe that I went on two more Expedition trips. The first being a LEAD trip in which I guided it alone. The last was a regular week. During the LEAD week the Lord continued to teach me dependence on him. I believe that he is always in a constant state of teaching me dependence. I had to rely on the Holy Spirit to work and move through me to do the most simple of tasks such as waking up and getting out of bed, to the most demanding as leading the group in a foot washing. Nevertheless, the Holy Spirit did in fact overtake my body and by his grace I was able to make it through the week. The last week on Expedition was good. Unfortunately, one of the guides could not go on the last trip so we had to make a last minute substitution and recruited another female guide. It was great to have another adult female on the trail with me and the campers that week were great. The last week of camp, this past week, was demanding. I volunteered myself to work as a Spec Op which pretty much does everything on camp. They clean bathrooms, do dishes, work the snack shop, do landscaping, and whatever else needs to be done on camp that is behind the scenes. This week was demanding because the hours were long and the work was none stop but I enjoyed getting to work with the other Spec Ops. I was honored when the accepted me into their family for that week.
Now that camp is over and done with I find it strange to be back in Texas in my old room where I spent high school in. I feel like I am only going to be here for no longer than a week because that is how its been for the past four years but two months is a long time. People ask me where my home is and I have difficulties answering that question. For four years my home was in Colorado. For the past three months my home has been in Tennessee. But not my home is Texas and soon it will be in Oregon, but only for a year unless the Lord decides to keep me there. Being in between places is difficult. I was talking with a friend the other day about staying in one place or moving around a bunch. We were discussing the difficulties of both. It is hard to commit to staying in one place at a time for fear of becoming too comfortable. However, there is fear of moving around too often because the Lord may be calling us to stay in on place for awhile. Although, even change can become comfortable. I believe the Lord can teach us in any circumstance. He teaches us when we are on mountain tops or in the lowest of valleys. He can teach us when we are in the midst of something or when we are in between places. I know the Lord is going to continue to grow me and shape me these next two months and I am excited to see what he will do. I keep praying that his will be done in my life, whatever that may look like, which leads me to accept the fact that he is a sovereign God and causes me to step out in faith and in fear of what his will actually is. E.
You will be in TEXAS! only a short distance from me...just saying. It would be great if sometime in the next two months we can see each other once...let me know.
ReplyDelete