2 Corinthians 3:17-18
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Provision

"Abraham answered, 'God himself will provide the lamb the burnt offering, my son.' And the two of them went on together." (Genesis 22:8)

I arrived at camp yesterday afternoon. I must admit it was a rough transition from 80 to 90 degree weather to 40 to 50 degree rainy and windy weather. But alas, I am all moved in. Today was my first day as an intern. I was in meetings for most of the morning and early afternoon. The meetings basically consisted of scheduling because we have a group coming in tomorrow. We also received a tour of the camp. I was shown where offices were, where I fill up for gas (the camp is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from a gas pump so the camp has one on property), and other buildings that campers do not need to know about. I was also shown where the mail boxes were located. Mine already had a little bit of mail in it. It was information about my support money.

I have not really been too concerned with raising support this year. Over the summer I raised support for the camp that I was working at and the Lord provided me with support that was over the amount I was suppose to raise. That was a huge blessing. This time around I did not stress about the support because I had seen how faithful the Lord was the first time. After all, the Lord provided more than I needed the first time so surely he could do the same again.

There are many accounts in the Bible that testify to God's faithfulness in providing all that we need. One example that I can think of is the account in Genesis 22. This is the story of Abraham and Isaac. The Lord comes to Abraham and asks him to sacrifice his son, his only son, as a burnt offering to the Lord. Abraham goes and leads his son, Isaac, to the place where they usually sacrifice animals. Isaac, on the way up to the alter, wonders where the lamb is for the offering. "The Lord will provide a lamb" his father replies. And just as Abraham is about to kill his son, the Lord speaks and provides a ram to be the offering instead. "So Abraham called the place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, 'On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided'" (Genesis 22:14).

This afternoon when I was done with meetings, I came back to my condo and counted the pledges I had received from people. I was thrilled when the total came out to be over the amount that I was suppose to raise for this year. The Lord is so faithful in providing all that we need. I often times forget this. In Matthew 6:25-34 Jesus commands us not to worry about our life or what we will wear or even what tomorrow will bring. The Lord has been faithful in providing for his children in the past, and we should think and believe no less than the fact that he will provide for his children now. We serve a consistent God. He does not change. He is the same God today as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow (James 1:17). The Lord will provide for each of us. We need not worry but only trust in him.

I would like to thank everyone who has answered the call and chosen to support me this year. Not only have you provided for me financially but some have decided to support me in prayer as well. I believe in prayer and it provides me with great peace knowing that I have a group of people out there who are dedicated to praying for me. Thank you to all of my supporters I would not be here with out you all. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment