The Young Life camping season officially ended a week ago. All of the staff at the Canyon side of Washington Family Ranch have now moved back into the off season camping mode, which means most of the interns are back in housekeeping for the majority of the work days and will remain there until the end of the internship.
My small group leader asked us last week what we are looking forward to about the future. I have been thinking about this a lot lately since I only have one and a half months until I have no job and no place to live. Despite this being a very anxious time in my life it is also a very adventurous and exciting time. I will soon be entering into a season of life where I am not tied down by anything. I am not committed in a career or a relationship. I could go anywhere and do anything.
I think the thing that I am most excited about in regard to the future is the opportunity I have to live on my own. I find that most of my daydreams about the future consist of me living in an apartment or small home by myself. I get excited thinking about how I will decorate my new home. I also get excited about the daily living activities like taking my dog on adventures and going to a kickboxing class. I cannot wait to live my life and discover what it means to be a young adult who is no longer in school.
I still face a ton of unknowns. And I know that I am lacking in trusting the Lord to provide for me. My anxious thoughts often keep me awake at night but I still look to the future with great excitement. God has some great plans for me over the horizons and although I deeply desire to know what those plans are, I will try my hardest to trust that his plans and timing are not my own.
"'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"(Jeremiah 29:11) E.
No comments:
Post a Comment