2 Corinthians 3:17-18
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New York Is Not The City


The picture above is only a small taste of what the City of Rocks, Idaho is like. Driving in, we saw towers of rocks jutting out of the earth like skyscrapers. It was truly a breath taking place. We spent three nights in the city and played for two full days. Jack was sick most of the time so he stayed sleeping in the tent which was a major bummer! However, Ben and I managed to have some awesome adventures of our own.

On the first day, we climbed at a place called Bath Rock. I lead both a 5.9 sport and trad. You don't need to know what all that means, all you need to know is that it was fun. This was Ben'd first time climbing on granite which feels very different from the rock that we have been climbing in Oregon. It was great to spend some time here. I was a the City about three years ago during my NOLS course and it was fun to be back and remember all the fun that I had here. The second day out, we decided to go on a ten mile hike to try and find an easy multipitch that I had done before. Unfortunately  the ten mile hike was not on purpose and by the time we found the route we wanted to climb we were both too tired to climb the whole thing so we only did the first pitch.

Yesterday, we drove from the City of Rocks to Moab, Utah where we are today. I will make another post about this part of the trip a little later. You all should know that it has been really fun so far. We have seen some pretty incredible sites and I hope to post pictures and video shortly after the trip is done. Until next time. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment