2 Corinthians 3:17-18
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas from Elizabeth and Shirley

Yes I did force my dog to wear a Santa hat so that I could use this picture for my blog.

Well it's that time of year again. It seems like I was just here not too long ago. Driving myself to the airport so I can board a plane that will take me to my family in Texas. Although the time will be short, it will be cherished. People say that absence makes the heart grow fonder and while I have not grown founder of Texas since I left it back in 2007, I do have a deeper love and appreciation for my family.

There are days where I wish I could move back to Texas to be with my parents more, go to my niece's gymnastic competitions, and be only a 12 hour drive from my beloved Colorado. Or days where I miss the fresh mountain air and snow capped Rockies, and walking into the mailroom at CCU where I can sit and talk as long as I like. But the Lord has me in Portland where I have been blessed and provided for in ways that can only confirm the decision to stay in Oregon.

I find myself with a joyful attitude this Christmas which is much unlike my attitude one year ago. However, I seem to be in a much more unknown stage in life now than I was last year. I have a job and a place to live but getting enough hours at work in order to pay for this place to live is more challenging than I thought. Despite my constant state of instability I find that my attitude reflects one who is stable. This joyful, stable attitude is only and fully the result of God working in me. I am a worrier by nature. I can't help but have anxiety and fears, especially about the future but the Lord seems to be doing something in me that is changing all of that.

With all of the unknowns in life I am beginning to grasp the only known thing that matters which is the truth that God is in control of all things and I am his child and he loves me. My hope and prayer going into the new year is that you will also begin or continue to grab hold of the truth of God's sovereignty and love for you. Merry Christmas. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment