"Tomorrow's freedom is today's surrender"~All Sons and Daughters, Dawn to Dusk
When it comes to music I am typically a bit delayed in getting on the scene. I was given some music from a friend quite some time ago and a band called All Sons and Daughters was in the mix of it. I only had a handful of their songs but really enjoyed what I had of them. They are one of my radio stations on Pandora and as I have listened to that radio station I have discovered more of their songs and have come to greatly appreciate their musical talent and lyrical wisdom. One song that really hits to the core of my being and where I have been recently in my spiritual journey is their song called Dawn to Dusk which speaks about surrender and freedom. (You should YouTube the song when you get the chance because it's amazing.)
Upon hearing this song play on Pandora last night, I wrote these words in my journal:
"'Tomorrow's freedom is today's surrender.' What an incredible insight to the concept of freedom and surrender. What you give up, lay down, and let go of today you will be free of tomorrow. Freedom means surrender. Usually when people talk about freedom you hear them say that they or others fought for freedom. I know I've said that. But in this song to 'give up' or surrender is freedom. It's not something to fight for but rather relinquish. It's a letting go of control. Such an upside down way of thinking about it. But then again the Lord came to turn our whole world and way of thinking upside down. Surrender today what you want to be free of tomorrow. This concept is blowing my mind. I don't have to fight for my freedom. That's not my job. My job is to surrender and allow the Lord to fight for me. Simply amazing."
Freedom doesn't have to be a struggle or a fight. It can simply be a lying down of self; a waving of the white flag signifying our inability to fight by ourselves and confession that it is the Lord who must fight on our behalf. Galatians 5:1 states, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Do not put the shackles back on your feet or the burden on your back. Leave the yoke of slavery or whatever it is that is preventing you from fully experiencing the freedom that can only be found in Jesus Christ our Lord on the ground and run full speed into the arms of the One who calls you Beloved. This is the freedom of surrender. E.
Freedom doesn't have to be a struggle or a fight. It can simply be a lying down of self; a waving of the white flag signifying our inability to fight by ourselves and confession that it is the Lord who must fight on our behalf. Galatians 5:1 states, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Do not put the shackles back on your feet or the burden on your back. Leave the yoke of slavery or whatever it is that is preventing you from fully experiencing the freedom that can only be found in Jesus Christ our Lord on the ground and run full speed into the arms of the One who calls you Beloved. This is the freedom of surrender. E.
No comments:
Post a Comment